I about cried when he showed up at home that night with a big ol’ piece he said he saved just for me. Good, good hubby!
First you need to run and grab some Pumpkin Spice Instant Pudding. Like right now. It’s seasonal and might not last long. And it’s the key to this dessert!
Let me lay it out for you. We are talking about a buttery pecan crust, topped with a sweet cream cheese layer, the pumpkin pie pudding layer, and it’s finished off with a layer of cool whip….and I gave it a sprinkle of nutmeg just for fun.
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 (8oz) package of cream chees, soft
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (8 oz) containers cool whip (or one 16 ozz container)
- 2 small packages (3.4oz) of Jello Instant Pumpkin Spice Pudding
- 3 cup cold milk
- Nutmeg for sprinkling
- Combine butter, flour, chopped pecans and sugar and press into a 9 x 13 in baking dish. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 1/2 cups cool whip until smooth. Spread over crust.
- Mix pudding mixes with cold milk, whisking for several minutes. Set it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to let it thicken. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Top with remaining container of cool whip. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Cut into squares and serve. Keep refrigerated.