So I made two of them. One for them, one for us. Okay, so maybe there were selfish reasons for making two;)
The cake is from a German Chocolate Cake mix and has a layer of gooey, coconut and chocolate chips on the bottom….
Who wouldn’t eat it all?
- 2/3 cup sweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle coconut, chocolate chips and pecans in the pan.
- 1 box German Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup water
- Pour cake batter on top of the coconut/chocolate chip layer in the pan.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Beat in 1 lb powdered sugar (3 3/4 cups) until smooth. Then spread on unbaked cake or drop by spoonfuls and swirl into batter with a knife.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- **It is done when it doesn't wobble in the pan if you shake it. The toothpick test doesn't work because it's a gooey yummy mess of a cake:) I think it's best served warm!