Easy Lemon Cheese Bars & 30 Weeks!

I’ll get to this good stuff in a minute….

But first, a pregnancy update! Tuesday marked 30 weeks for me:)  I’ll most likely be having another c-section since my babies like to sit nice and cozy, breech, in my uterus (I actually have a weird shaped utereus, so guess it’s not babies’ fault;)).  But at least that means only eight or nine weeks left! The best part about pregnancy #2 is how quickly it seems to be moving along..mostly because I’m so busy with child #1.  (And have I mentioned we’re potty training?!? Fun, fun, fun stuff!)

Baby boy is still nameless, we are having such a hard time with this one.  So any suggestions or favorite boy names are welcomed!

Now for these lemon bars.  I have to tell you, lemon bars have grown on me.  When I was younger they would have been the last treat I reached for.  In fact, I’d probably pass on dessert if they were my only option.  Say whaaat? Yeah, they just didn’t do it for me.

I’m not sure when it happened or how, but they’ve grown on me.  I actually really like lemon bars now, especially these Lemon Cheese Bars.
It has nothing to do with the fact that they are incredibly easy to make, start with a cake mix, and only use 6 ingredients.  They are seriously good.  The simplicity of making them is just an added bonus.  I love it when the easy stuff tastes so darn good, don’t you?
They’re perfect when you need a treat in a hurry!

Lemon Cheese Bars
Ingredients
1 lemon cake
1 (8 oz) cream cheese, soft
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs,
1/3 cup oil
1 T lemon juice
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix dry cake mix with 1 egg and 1/3 cup oil until crumbly.  Set aside 1 cup of the crumb mix and pat the rest into a greased 9 X 13 in. pan.  Bake for 10 minutes.
Beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, and egg until creamy and spread over baked crust.  Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top and bake another 15 minutes.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar.  Let cool then cut into bars and serve.

Comments

1. says

these look delish!! lemon {anything} has grown on me, too. it was never a flavored i cared about when i was younger… but now i LOVE it.

you look adorable!! my favorite boy names are parker, harrison, liam, beckham and sawyer. i also really like last names as first names for boys.

2. Janie says

Lemon bars are something that have grown on me as of late as well; these look great!

P.S. Beautiful to Mama to be!

3. says

Hey lady! I can’t believe you’re already 30 weeks preggers (and looking fabulous, I might add) and potty training Mr. O, now I have no excuses to be potty training Taylor, just pure laziness over here. And I’m with you on the lemon bar thing, they’ve grown on me over the years. As far as boy names, hmmm…girl names are they only thing up in this brain of mine. Hope you guys are doing well!

4. says

Kristy- when I first read this I was thinking lemon bars with like cheddar cheese or something on them! My prego tummy started turning! Haha now I want to stop at the store and go buy a cake mix to make them ;) love ya! Thanks for keeping my family fed with delishish dishes!!

5. says

The second pregnancy goes by so much faster than the first! If we would have ended up with a boy instead of another girl we would have named him Benjamin.

These bars look divine!

6. Betty says

Can’t wait to try these. Always wanted Talbot as a name, but got out-voted. Boy or girl…didn’t matter.

7. says

These look so good, I can’t wait to try them. We are having a boy any day and still can’t agree on a name – boy’s names are hard. Good luck!

8. Tesei says

You look fantastic for 30 weeks! I can’t believe you’re in your 3rd term, baking and looking so good, congratulations! My little boy’s name is Nicholas, it was the only name we both really liked, but finding one can be quite hard, so good luck with that and pls let us know what you decide. All the best!

9. Anonymous says

I love lemon anything these look so good!For a boy name Alex or Willey.
    You look wonderful.Good Luck!

carla

10. Anonymous says

These bars look great and I would totally win points with the hub if I made these, thanks for the recipe! I’m partial to Eli, we named our boy Elias and call him Eli for short. Good luck on the rest of your pregnancy!

11. Barb says

They’re in the oven now! Mmmmmm — The filling is super yummy. My hubby is going to be alllll sorts of impressed. :D