I wanted to make a lighter dip for our New Year’s Eve Party and had two recipes that I couldn’t decide between so I just made both. The first was a healthy cookie dough dip. I was skeptical when I saw it was made with blended chickpeas (seriously, what was I thinking?) but gave it a try anyway.
I literally almost gagged when I tried it. It tasted like hummus with some peanut butter and chocolate chips mixed in. Bleh. Before I tossed it out I figured I’d let my husband try it and YOU GUYS, he actually liked it! And then I told him it was healthy and he went and ate the entire thing of it (over the course of a few days). Then again, he’s never been a picky eater and he’s a health nut so ate it right up.
But this skinny funfetti dip on the other hand, I loved. And so did my husband. And so did our friends (right friends?).
I should’ve known Funfetti was the way to go, as long as it tastes like cake batter I don’t think you can go wrong. I saw this over Eat Yourself Skinny and had to give it a try. I love all of Kelly’s skinny recipes:)
This stuff is thick, creamy, and oh so cake-battery. And only requires three ingredients: Funfetti cake mix, plain nonfat yogurt, and light cool whip.
Then just dip your way through it with some low fat vanilla wafers or graham crackers, or pretzels, or a spoon.
I’ll chunky dunk my way through this skinny dip any day!
Skinny Funfetti Dip
- 1 box Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups light cool whip (thawed)
- extra sprinkles to sprinkle on top
- Mix cake mix, yogurt, and cool whip together in a large bowl until there are no lumps. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving. Sprinkle some extra sprinkles over the top then serve with low fat vanilla wafers or graham crackers.
Sweet Treats & More http://sweettreatsmore.com/