Skinny Funfetti Cake Dip

I wanted to make a lighter dip for our New Year’s Eve Party and had two recipes that I couldn’t decide between so I just made both.  The first was a healthy cookie dough dip.  I was skeptical when I saw it was made with blended chickpeas (seriously, what was I thinking?) but gave it a try anyway.

I literally almost gagged when I tried it.  It tasted like hummus with some peanut butter and chocolate chips mixed in.  Bleh.  Before I tossed it out I figured I’d let my husband try it and YOU GUYS,  he actually liked it!  And then I told him it was healthy and he went and ate the entire thing of it (over the course of a few days).  Then again, he’s never been a picky eater and he’s a health nut so ate it right up.

But this skinny funfetti dip on the other hand, I loved.  And so did my husband.  And so did our friends (right friends?).

I should’ve known Funfetti was the way to go, as long as it tastes like cake batter I don’t think you can go wrong.  I saw this over Eat Yourself Skinny and had to give it a try.  I love all of Kelly’s skinny recipes:)

This stuff is thick, creamy, and oh so cake-battery.  And only requires three ingredients:  Funfetti cake mix, plain nonfat yogurt, and light cool whip.

Then just dip your way through it with some low fat vanilla wafers or graham crackers, or pretzels, or a spoon.

I’ll chunky dunk my way through this skinny dip any day!

Skinny Funfetti Dip
Ingredients
  1. 1 box Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix
  2. 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
  3. 1 1/2 cups light cool whip (thawed)
  4. extra sprinkles to sprinkle on top
Instructions
  1. Mix cake mix, yogurt, and cool whip together in a large bowl until there are no lumps. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving. Sprinkle some extra sprinkles over the top then serve with low fat vanilla wafers or graham crackers.
Sweet Treats & More http://sweettreatsmore.com/

Comments

1. says

Skinny Funfetti Dip are three words that I need in my life right now. skinny recipes of any kind, funfetti EVERYTHING, and I’m a suck for any kind of dip. this is right up my alley Kristy!! I’m pretty sure everything is better with sprinkles. Chunky dunk- yes!

2. Cary B. says

Can’t wait to make this for Super Bowl on Sunday! And another *agree* on the chickpeas. The ‘healthy peanut butter fudge’ I recently made with chickpeas was awful!! :( This, on the other hand, looks fabulous!!!

3. Anonymous says

I also made the chickpea dip recently and had the same experience. I just kept adding brown sugar until it tasted good! But that probably took away from its “healthy” status. :)

4. says

I’ve made this dip and it is super tasty! I’ve seen the recipe for the chick pea dip and wondered how it would be…I make chocolate chip cookies that have whole chick peas in them and my family really likes them. Good luck on bringing more chick peas into your desserts :)

5. says

I made this and really liked it. My faux pas was that I used nonfat vanilla yogurt instead, thinking it would be tastier. It made it super sweet. So the plain is definitely the way to go.

Incidentally, I liked the cookie dough dip I tried a while back, but it is off-putting when you KNOW its chickpeas. I think if someone gave it to me and I didn’t know, I would really like it.

• Kristy says

It’s just a lighter calorie cake batter dip…i know it’s not really healthy or “clean” and I didn’t mean to portray it as such. But some people do like lighter calorie recipes like these.

6. nicole says

I make mine with greek yogurt and I add in cream cheese. I really just make the dip to my tastes I don’t measure anything.

7. Ashley says

Made this last night (thanks to Pinterest for the find). Delicious!! Can’t believe how light it is looking at the calories of all the ingredients! Pretzels were a great dipper :)

8. Daphne says

I haven’t made this, but want to! Would it be good with low fat vanilla yogurt? Or should I stick to plain? Does the cake mix add enough sweetness and flavor?

• Kristy says

Yeah the cake mix adds enough sweetness, I think at least! And you can use low fat vanilla yogurt, it would probably taste even better!

9. Cait says

So good! I used animal crackers and decided to try sandwich-ing and then freezing them, everyone loved the cool treats!
    [IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/330h89s.jpg[/IMG]

10. The Captain's Wife says

Boxed cake mix contains raw flour which carries the same risks as raw eggs (salmonella). You’re doing your visitors no favors.

11. Sheila says

Hi! This looks delicious, and I can’t wait to try it, but I was wondering on what the shelf life might be for it, as in, do you make it right before serving, or is it something I can put in a jar as a gift as long as it stays refrigerated?

• Kristy says

We refrigerated it for a few hours before serving and kept it in the fridge for a couple of days in an airtight container and it’s great!

12. Question says

What would you substitute if you don’t like yogurt or do you think it would be fine without it?

13. katie says

This is good for special occasions like a kids birthday, but it is definately far from ‘skinny’. Especially with pro essed cake mix….

14. Lizzie Hughes says

Looks delish! Do you by any chance know how many weight watchers points are in this dip? I’m sure I could figure it out if not when I make it !!

15. Tamar says

Oh my goodness this is amazing! I made this instead of a funfetti cheese ball to try to stick to weight watchers during a cookout where I will have little control (2 points per ounce for this one!)…my husband, who used to eat cans of frosting in college but is now a super health nut, said this tastes exactly like frosting you could use on a cake! Thank you for sharing this recipe with the world!!!

16. says

I truly love your blog.. Excellent colors & theme.
    Did you build this web site yourself? Please reply back as I’m looking
    to create my very own site and want to find out where you got this from or exactly
    what the theme is named. Kudos!

Trackbacks