This Cheesy Italian Meatball Penne Bake has become one of my family’s favorite dinners. Owen thinks meatballs are the coolest thing. He sticks them with his fork and shoves the whole thing in his mouth at once. And Miles can eat more of it than his big brother. The kid loves the stuff. And my husband, well, he can just about eat the entire pan. What man doesn’t love meatballs? Can you guess what I love about it? The cheese! It’s fully loaded with cheese and I love it.
The one hang up with this dish? It’s a mess of a dinner. My boys are a mess , the pan’s a mess, even the oven is a mess. A messy oven is my worst nightmare! When was the last time you cleaned YOUR oven?
I refuse to answer…
I’ll be honest, cleaning the oven isn’t at the top of my priority list. In fact, one of my least favorite things about being a food blogger is the absurd amount of dishes I wash and the number of times I clean my kitchen in a day. So adding the oven to the list sometimes slips my mind. I’m typically the clean as you go type and like to have the dinner mess cleaned up right after dinner. But the second my kids’ plates are clean they are ready to play. We try to do something together as a family in the evenings, whether it’s just playing together with toys or walking to the park. Clean up either has to be really quick or just has to wait. As much as I want my kitchen clean I’d much rather spend time playing with my family.
Which is exactly why my oven has been neglected. Doesn’t an oven take hours to clean? (It really has been that long for me)
The solution? The LG EasyClean™ Double Oven Range. Have you heard about it?
LG’s EasyClean™’ mottos is: A Clean Oven in Minutes, Not Hours. (Just what I need!)
Not enough time to clean your oven? (no, never!) No worries. LG brings you the new generation of oven cleaning with EasyClean™. All LG double oven ranges provide a quick and convenient way to clean your oven, while still being able to use the conventional self-clean method. EasyClean works in three simple steps. Spray the oven interior with water, press the EasyClean button, then in just 20 minutes, wipe away any residual bits of grime*. No chemicals or high heat needed to keep your oven sparkling clean. (*Heavy build-up may require additional manual effort or use of the full self-clean feature). To learn more about LG EasyClean click here.
A clean oven in 20 minutes? Now that I could make time for! Especially after a messy meal that bubbles and splatters all over the oven.
That is of course after I clean up my messy kids….
What is YOUR family’s favorite meal that leaves your oven messy? Leave a comment telling me for a Chance to Win an LG EasyClean™ Double Oven Range!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winner will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
BlogHer will pool entries from participating blogs and select a sweepstakes winner at random and will contact the winner with details about fulfilling the prize.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/22/13 – 7/15/13.
- 1 1/2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (13.2 oz) box of whole grain Penne pasta
- 4-5 cups marinara sauce (2 1/2 24oz jars)
- 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese (1/4 cup reserved)
- 1 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, and seasonings. Mix with clean hands until well incorporated.
- Form golf ball sized (1-inch) meatballs and place on a lightly greased one-inch deep baking sheet (it’s better to use a baking sheet with an edge). Bake for 20-30 minutes turning once half way through (cook until no longer pink in the middle). Set meatballs aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Stir in penne pasta and boil for 9-10 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain pasta and pour into a large bowl. Gently toss pasta, 1 cup of each mozzarella and parmasen cheese, four cups of marinara sauce, and meatballs together.
- Pour into a greased 9X13 inch pan. Top with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella and parmesan cheese and cover with foil. Bake for 20-25 minutes covered, then remove the foil and finish cooking for another 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.