Shredded chicken, marinara, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese sandwiched between garlic-buttered toasted hoagie rolls. Turn leftovers into chicken pepperoni wraps for a creative lunch!
This post is sponsored by Kroger. I’ve partnered with Kroger to bring you simple meal solutions and creative lunch ideas!
My family is heading to Family Forward in Orlando this week– a 3-day family retreat organized by Mom It Forward for social media influencers and their families, focused on helping families connect in the digital age. We’re spending a couple of nights in Denver first, heading to Orlando for the conference, then tacking on a few extra days to visit family in Miami. Follow me on Instagram to see the fun we are having (we survived our first flight! Fingers crossed for happy kids on the next four!)
Kroger is sending our family to the conference and I’m excited to be working with such a a great brand- especially a brand who sees the value in a conference focusing on families. A brand whose emphasis is bringing the family together around the dinner table with simple meal solutions!
These Chicken Pepperoni Melts are the perfect weeknight meal that’ll get everyone around the table! They’re super easy, super tasty, and a little messy! The kids will come a runnin’!
Shredded chicken (that starts with a Kroger @ Home Rotisserie Chicken) marinara sauce, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese sandwiched between garlic-buttered and toasted hoagie rolls. Cheesy, saucy, and meaty. The whole family will love these!
The kids will really love YOU though, when you turn leftovers into tasty wraps the next day. Use the leftover chicken in marinara, pepperoni and cheese to make Chicken Pepperoni Wraps! Packed with some fresh fruit, a Kroger Yogurt Tube (my kids love these) and a new Kroger Fusion Water and your kiddos are set for a stellar lunch! Move on over PB & J’s.
- 1 Kroger Wholesome @ Home Rotisserie chicken, deboned and shredded
- 2- 2 1/2 cups Kroger Original Marinara Sauce
- 24 slices Kroger brand pepperoni
- 2 cups Kroger brand mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 tbsp butter, soft
- garlic salt
- 4 whole grain hoagie rolls
- Set oven to broil.
- In a saucepan combine shredded chicken and marinara sauce and cook over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile, cut hoagie rolls in half length-wise. Butter each side and season with garlic salt. Place hoagies on a baking sheet, open sides up.
- Sprinkle about 1/4- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese on one side of each hoagie and top with 5-6 slices of pepperoni.
- Place in the oven and broil until cheese is melted and hoagies are toasted. Spoon chicken-marinara mixture on the other half of the hoagies. Sandwich halves together and enjoy!
- Reserve some of the chicken in marinara, with pepperoni and some mozzarella and use it to make wraps in tortillas the next day for kid's lunches! Use a cooling lunch box to keep these cool.
- Makes enough for 4 sandwich melts and 2 wraps