If you know my husband, you know he loves anything spicy and loves Franks Hot Sauce. He’ll put it on anything. He’s also a health nut….with a sweet tooth. (We are kind of the same. Except for the whole spicy foods thing. I’m a wimp.) So I made this Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash just for him.
And I just wanted to tell him thank you for supporting me and this little blog of mine, for putting up with late nights on the computer, and for waiting patiently to eat dinner while I take about 100 pictures of it. And then re-heating it, without complaining. So today, to show him a little love we’re playing a little game of Q&A. Fun right?
I’m already laughing you guys…
What is my favorite blog to read called?
Brett: “Yes Cake Please” (So close honey, it’s Yes, I want Cake! Love your blog Katie- delicious and inspiring!)
What is my favorite prop to use?
Brett: “The wood things I made for you” (That would be the photo boards he made for me and yes, they’re my favorite.)
What is the weirdest thing you’ve seen me do for this blog?
Brett: “I don’t know. Do you? Maybe this?”
If you could have your own blog what would you call it?
Brett: “Sweet Bikes & More” (Funny. He says this as he’s looking at bikes online. He’s slightly obsessed with cycling. The “And More”would include techy gadget geeky stuff. I just know it would.)
What do you do for a living and what are your hobbies?
Brett: “I’m a Financial Analyst. I like biking, running, reading tech blogs, playing with my boys and dating my cute wife (paid him to say that last part!).
What’s your favorite recipe of mine?
Brett: I really like those Funfetti Cheesecake Bars and Snickerdoodle Bars. (See, sweet tooth! Guess I better post the Snickerdoodle Bars if they’re a favorite!)
Who does the dishes?
Brett: ”I do. Most of the time, if you don’t beat me to it.” (It’s true, he’s a good sport about doing the dishes. But he’s a firm believer in “letting them soak.”)
As for this Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash, it’s actually quite tasty and spicy! So I will say, adjust the amount of wing sauce to your liking. If you’re like Brett you can douse your plate in even more. I found the recipe over at Foodologie and my husband is eternally grateful. It’ll be a frequent request I’m sure.
- 1 Spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed and thawed
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce (more or less to taste)
- blue cheese crumbles (more or less to taste)
- Heat a large saucepan with olive oil. Saute garlic and green onions until golden. Add chicken and cook for about 5-7 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, cook spaghetti squash in the microwave in a covered dish for about 6 min. Once the squash is cool scoop out the insides and seeds. Using a fork, gently scrape the rest of the spaghetti squash out. Fluff with the fork to get the strands loose.
- Add spaghetti squash to the saucepan and toss together with carrots and chopped cabbage.
- Stir in desired amount of Frank's Hot Sauce. Garnish with blue cheese and green onions. Serve!