Pumpkin Spice Pudding Cookies get stuffed with Rolos, giving them a gooey chocolate caramel center!
It’s been far too long since I’ve shared a cookie recipe with you, don’t you think? This one’s a keeper. Of all the pumpkin cookies you make this fall, you must make these! Go ahead and add ‘em to the list.
I made these for a potluck my husband had at work last week, whipping them up at midnight the night before. Do you know how hard it is NOT to eat Rolos and cookie dough and warm pumpkin cookies stuffed with Rolos after midnight? It’s impossible. Let’s just say I went to bed on a sugar-high. Brett was right there with me though. He stayed up just to make sure I didn’t waste any cookie dough (sometimes I don’t scrape the bowl before rinsing- drives him crazy!) and waited to try the final result.
We were cookie eating fools at one in the morning.
But it was worth it!
With a gooey chocolate-caramel center and chocolate chips in the dough, there’s certainly no shortage of chocolate in these cookies. My kind of cookie you guys. But really, that ooey-gooey caramel in the middle is where the money’s at.
Pumpkin + caramel + chocolate is a very good thing.
- 1 cup butter flavored crisco (use plain crisco or butter if needed)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) package Jello Instant Pumpkin Spice Pudding
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk or semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 rolos
- Preheat oven to 350.
- 1. Combine flour and soda until combined, set aside.
- 2. In mixing bowl beat crisco and sugars until smooth. Beat in pumpkin spice pudding until completely mixed in. Add vanilla and eggs and beat until combined.
- 3. Mix in dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 4. Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Flatten the dough slightly and press a rolo into the center. Form round ball of dough around the rolo.
- 5. Bake for 8-10 minutes and let cool. (I like to undercook slightly and then let them cook a little more on the baking sheet after I've removed from the oven).
- If you can't find the Jell-O Instant Pumpkin Spice Pudding, use Vanilla instant pudding combined with 1- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice.