Last weekend I attended the Inspire Retreat at Deer Valley Resort in Park City, Utah hosted by my good friend Carrian of Sweet Basil. I just love that girl. She organized a weekend retreat for bloggers to come relax, collaborate, eat a lot of really good food, and inspire each other. I’ll have a full recap of the weekend up next week.
Of course you’d expect food bloggers to eat a lot of good food when we get together. We ate at a couple of incredible restaurants, but we also had the opportunity to prepare meals for each other. I’ve always wanted to see other food bloggers in action:) I helped prepare breakfast one morning (sponsored by a few great brands–Star Fine Foods, Real Foods Market, Charming Beard Coffee and Anolon) and we kept it real simple- fruit and yogurt granola bar with scrambled eggs and muffins. My kind of breakfast!
I made this Blueberry Almond Chia Granola– full of dried blueberries, toasty almonds, coconut, and chia seeds! I sweetened it with agave nectar and just a pinch of brown sugar. It’s great with milk, yogurt and fruit, or just to eat by the handfuls. This recipe makes a huge batch so you may want to cut it in half. Brett was thrilled I came home with leftovers, he’s been eating it all week.
- 6 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/4 cups chia seeds
- 1 cup agave
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine oats, almonds, coconut, chia seeds, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- Melt coconut oil and add to the oat mixture. Pour in agave and almond extract and stir until everything is evenly mixed.
- Spread mixture out onto two baking sheets. Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes. Bake until golden and toasty. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Stir in blueberries.
- Store in air-tight container.