Flavorful and packed with protein, these Banana Protein Pancakes are the perfect way to start your day!
Hi there! And Happy New Year! My husband took a good chunk of time off from work over the holidays so I took a little break from the blog too. Plus, we’ve been traveling and family has been visiting and I haven’t been cooking or baking much.
But today it’s back to reality. And back to the kitchen.
But only temporarily. Because in 27 days Brett and I are going on cruise to the Southern Caribbean! Pinch me. I’m so. stinkin. excited. We’ve never been on a vacation like this– seven days without the kids, seven days of sunshine and beaches, seven days of all you can eat buffets. Dear buffets, please don’t make me gain 10 pounds.
But we’re excited and counting down the days. And trying to eat healthier. It’s like gearing up for swim season in the middle of February. Right after the holidays. Yeah, I need a detox.
And more of these Banana Protein Pancakes I made over the weekend. Loved ‘em! I adapted the recipe slightly from Peanut Butter Fingers, where you can find a plethora of healthy recipes and get some great workouts.
You’ll never know these are made of ground oats + mashed banana + vanilla protein powder (plus a few other things). The vanilla protein actually sweetens them up a bit so you really don’t need to drench them in syrup. We like to serve them with a drizzle of warm honey or even a little peanut butter. So good!
I made a second batch this morning to freeze and have ready for a quick breakfast this week or to send to work with Brett for a snack.
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3 1/2 tbsp vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- dash cinnamon
- extra banana slices and honey for topping
- Place everything in a blender and blend into a smooth batter. If the batter seems too thick, add a tablespoon or two of milk. Heat a griddle to medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter at a time on the griddle. Cook for several minutes until batter starts to bubble, flip and cook for several more minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Top with sliced bananas and a drizzle of warm honey and serve!