Today we’re having a potato party with Alexia Foods! Several of my friends and I have created dishes around Alexia’s new Smart Classics- Oven Roasted Potatoes and French Fries. A healthier potato option! They have Crinkle Cut Fries , Straight Cut Fries and Roasted Tri-Cut Potatoes, all with sea salt.
If you dig potatoes and fries, then you’ll love all of the recipes we’ve made!
With the Super Bowl coming up, I thought I’d make some game day grub for you with the Tri-Cut Roasted Potatoes. Whether or not you’re actually into football or even watch the game, it’s a great excuse to get together with friends and eat! The very first meal I cooked for Brett when we were dating was skillet barbecue sausage & potatoes. It’s still one of his favorite things to eat–lightened up a bit now. It’s man food at it’s finest– meat, potatoes, sauce.
These Roasted Sausage & Potato Skewers with Spicy Avocado-Sriracha Sauce takes that whole “meat, potatoes, sauce” thing and turns it into easy- to-eat game day grub. And believe it or not, it’s a better-for-you option–I used turkey kielbasa sausage and Alexia’s new Smart Classics Oven Roasted Tri-Cut Potatoes with Sea Salt. Roasted ‘em, then skewered ‘em.
And the ‘taters are awesome. They’re nice and crispy, 98% fat free and only 100 calories per serving (about 3/4 cups potatoes). Guilt free people! And I just think food on a stick is fun party food.
You can add cheese cubes to the skewers to add more variety and flavor, or you can just stick to potatoes. Make them to your liking, it doesn’t really matter as long as you serve them with the Spicy Avocado-Sriracha Sauce.
This sauce is no weak sauce, it’s really spicy. So consider yourself warned. It is pretty healthy though– avocado, yogurt, milk, Sriracha, lime juice, salt and pepper. That’s it! Give it all a quick blend and you’re done.
- 1 (14 oz) package fully cooked turkey kielbasa sausage, sliced into rounds (about 36 slices)
- 36 Alexia's Smart Classic Tri-Cut Raosted Potatoed with Sea Salt
- 36 one-inch cubes reduced fat cheese (your choice cheese--cheese is optional)
- 1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450. Toss sausage slices in olive oil, then spread the sausage and potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 18-22 minutes until potatoes are crispy and sausage is browned (stir once half way through baking).
- Skewer three potatoes, three slices of sausage, and three slices of cheese alternately. Serve with Spicy Avocado-Sriracha Sauce (recipe below) and serve!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup skim or low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 1/2- 2 tbsp Sriracha Sauce (add more for more spice)
- juice of 1/2 of a lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy!