The other day on facebook I asked you what kind of recipes you’d like to see on ST&M this year. I know I can’t please everyone, and I want to stay true to the recipes I like to make for my family (and recipes I actually eat), but I do want to make things you guys will like too. Hopefully something for everyone!
One fan requested absolutely no desserts! I’m so sorry but that’s just not going to happen. Because, well, I live for sweets. Eat them daily (almost). ”Sweet” is in this blog’s name. So the sweets stay!
But so many of you said you are looking for quick and healthy meals, with few ingredients and no strange ones. That, I can handle! And that is just what I’ve got for you today.
Even though this Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken & Quinoa Chili takes several hours to cook, it takes just minutes to prepare. So it is technically quick, it’s healthy, and no foreign ingredients required.
I love the rich Mexican flavors that are created in this super easy slow cooker chili! Cozy up to a bowl this week!
- 2 large chicken breasts (or 6-8 chicken tenders) **mine were frozen
- 2 (4 oz) cans diced green chiles
- 1 (11 oz) can white shoepeg corn
- 1 (15 oz) can great northern beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro for garnsih
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Place everything (aside from the cheese and cilantro) into a 6 quart slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or until chicken is cooked through and tender and quinoa is cooked as well. Once the chicken is cooked and tender, remove it and shred it. Place the chicken back in the slow cooker and stir the shredded cheese in. Let cook for another 20 minutes. Add a little milk if chili seems to thick.
- Serve with some chopped cilantro and enjoy.