This Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Dip has everything you love about fajitas melted together into a thick and creamy, super cheesy dip. Chicken, bell peppers, onions, corn. With a combination of sour cream, cream cheese, AND Pepper Jack Cheese. Serve it with chips or even roll it up inside corn or flour tortillas for a super tasty game day appetizer.
I like to first cook the chicken in the slow cooker in a little bit of soda (Dr. Pepper or Root Beer) mixed with a packet of fajita seasoning. Once the chicken has cooked, I shred it and add all of the other ingredients. If you want to save time you can use cooked chicken and put it all in the crock pot until it’s heated and all the cheese is melted!
A few of my friends and I have teamed up with Hamilton Beach to bring you some show-stopping Slow Cooker Game Day Recipes! The best part of game day for me is definitely the food– I love any good reason to get together with friends to sit around and eat some grub. Take a peek at what we’ve made…I promise you’ll find something to add to your next game-day menu.
- 3 chicken breasts (or 7-8 tenders), thawed
- 8 oz Dr Pepper (or Root Beer)
- 3 bell peppers (any variety), seeded and diced
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese
- 8 oz Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
- 16 oz sour cream
- 2 packets Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Place the chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Sprinkle one packet of fajita mix evenly over the chicken and pour the 8 oz. of Dr. Pepper in. Cook for for 3-4 hours on high (4-6 on low) or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken, drain and reserve the juices. Shred the chicken and set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan with 1 tbsp olive oil and sauté peppers and onions over medium heat until tender.
- Place chicken back in the slow cooker. Add peppers and onion, frozen corn, the cream cheese (cut into one-inch cubes), shredded pepper jack cheese, sour cream and 1-2 tablespoons fajita mix from the second packet. (add more if desired) Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 20-25 more minutes until cheeses are melted, stirring occasionally.
- If the dip seems too thick, stir in a little of the reserved juice from the chicken (or just use chicken broth) to get the consistency you'd like. The juices the chicken cooked in will add great flavor!
- Time saver: you can skip cooking the chicken in the slow cooker, just use a rotisserie or cooked chicken, sauté the peppers and onion, then place everything in the slow cooker at the same time and cook on high until cheeses are melted and heat through.
-Blackberry Jalapeno ChickenSandwiches ~ Cooking For Keeps
Slow Cooker Meatballs- Favorite Family Recipes
Creamy Spinach Dip- Super Healthy Kids
Slow cooker S’mores Brownies- Something Swanky
Chipotle Chiken Taquitos- Creme de la Crumb
California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Dip- Oh, Sweet Basil
Honey Garlic Glazed Wings - The Recipe Critic