My sister-in-law is visiting for the next month and we plan to eat our way through San Diego while she’s here, taking her to all of our favorite places!! We love having people visit just for this reason….but, it usually means we eat way, way too much. Since she’s here for a month we are trying to pace ourselves and in an attempt not to gain twenty pounds we plan to eat really healthy in between all of the restaurant hopping.
We grilled up these really easy, super healthy Lemon-Pepper Salmon Packets for dinner last night and they were such a hit.
The prep is easy, the cooking is easy, and the clean-up is the easiest. Fresh salmon filets seasoned with oilve oil, fresh squeezed lemon juice, lemon pepper seasoning piled high with chopped zucchini, squash and tomatoes.
My kind of summer meal!!
- 2 filets of salmon
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 small yellow squash, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 tsp -1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 2 large sheets tin foil
- Heat grill on medium-high.
- Spray foil sheets with non stick cooking spray. Lay salmon pieces in the center of the foil sheet (skin side down if salmon has skin).
- Brush the top of each salmon filet with 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle each with 1/4-1/2 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning. Squeeze half of a lemon over each filet as well. Next, slice a few slices of the squeezed lemon and place one or two on each piece of salmon.
- Divide the diced veggies evenly among the two filets. Season with salt and pepper.
- To fold, match the long sides of foil and fold down twice to seal. Then match the short ends of foil then fold down to make a packet.
- Place packets on the grill, cover, and let cook for 12-15 minutes or until salmon flakes with a fork.