I’ve been too tired to cook lately, which means we’ve been eating a lot of eggs for dinner. My husband never complains about it, but I could see the excitement when he came home to something other than the usual egg white omelet.
This quiche is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner~ loaded with keilbasa sausage, mushrooms, cheese, and just a wee bit of sriracha for some kick (you can leave that out if you want though). It’s crustless, so it’s pretty low carb and jam-packed with protein. Another plus for the hubs.
I was secretly hoping I’d go into labor over the weekend, but that didn’t happen. Unfortunately, this kid is still sittin’ pretty high, hanging out in my ribs all day. Last week my doc informed me absolutely no “action” was going on if you know what I mean, so I’m waiting, very impatiently.
Please send good vibes…and all your quick and easy dinner ideas so we can eat something other than eggs
- 4 egg
- 5 egg whites
- 1 cup sliced turkey keilbasa sausage ( I used half of the link)
- 1 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce (optional for some kick)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzerella cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease a round 9'' pie pan.
- In a large skillet or wok, saute garlic over medium heat until golden. Add sausage slices and cook until browned. Add mushroom and cook until tender. Remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, milk, sriracha (optional), and salt and pepper together. Stir in sausage and mushrooms, then cheeses.
- Pour into the prepared dish and bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until eggs are cooked through and the top of the quiche is a nice golden brown.