This is a sponsored post by Pillsbury.
I can’t believe it’s already April!! It didn’t even dawn on me that yesterday was April Fool’s Day until it was way too late to try and pull off any pranks. Besides, my four-year old and 21 month old probably wouldn’t appreciate any of them. Not yet anyways. So it was just another day around here. Are we boring or what?
Well Easter is right around the corner and you can count us bringing the fun in then! Starting with the food. These Easter Egg Chocolate Orange Sweet Rolls are such a simple, fun and delicious treat that will make your Easter celebration even more special! They are perfect for a fun breakfast, addition to brunch, or even dessert.
Pillsbury’s Refrigerator Orange Sweet Rolls get a little makeover to make them look like Easter eggs. Before baking, you simply shape the dough into egg shapes. Once they are done baking you cover them in that yummy citrus Orange Icing.
Something about frosting hitting a warm cinnamon roll is drool worthy.
I thought the citrusy glaze could use a touch of chocolate. I love the combination of chocolate and orange, so I jazzed these puppies up by piping some zig-zag chocolate designs across the “eggs.”
Just melt some chocolate chips in the microwave and get creative. You could do chocolate polka dots, stripes, swirls.
Throw on some sprinkles and place a chocolate candy egg in the center and you’ve got one cute Easter treat! You can get the kiddos involved with these too and let them help with the decorating.
The rolls might get drenched in sprinkles and your kids will probably eat three chocolate eggs for every one that they put on a sweet roll, but that’s the fun of it! And if you’re not into all of the candy on your sweet roll, you can just stick to the chocolate drizzle.
See…now you have Easter Eggs. Kids will go crazy for these! And if you love chocolate and orange together as much as I do, so will you.
- 1 can (13 oz) Pillsbury Refrigerator Orange Sweet Rolls with Icing
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 8 chocolate candy eggs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place rolls two inches apart on baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or lightly greased).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until just golden. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds until melted and smooth. Spoon melted chocolate into a piping bag (or ziplock bag) and cut the tip off of the end creating a small hole to pipe chocolate.
- Spread orange icing over rolls. (You may need to warm the orange icing in the microwave for a few seconds).
- Pipe the chocolate in zig-zag lines across the rolls. Sprinkle with sprinkles and place a chocolate egg in the center. Serve