Most Friday nights we are in bed by ten o’clock, or right after the re-runs of Shark Tank (any other fans out there? We WILL have a million dollar idea…someday). But ten o’clock! On a Friday night! Because during the week I stay up until midnight (or later) catching up on favorite shows, writing blog posts, sometimes making cookies for crying out loud, and then I’m up at the crack of dawn to go for a run or work out.
My sleep schedule needs a major overhaul. My brain isn’t functioning properly–I need caffeine by 9am, I lose my keys three times a day, my kids’ clothes are on backward, and I’m putting things like eggs and cheese in the pantry when I’m done using them.
What I really need is a big fat nap.
So there you have them, my plans for the weekend. Sleeping! What are you up to?
This Greek Quinoa Salad was inspired by a jar of Private Selection gourmet artichoke hearts I’ve had sitting in my fridge for the last week. I planned on making a yummy artichoke dip but then Greek salad popped into my head and I went with it. A Quinoa Greek salad, because everyone is crazy for quinoa right now.
Including me. I go through phases where I eat it several times a week, and then not at all for a month.
I’m currently in phase, eat it several times a week. And when it’s loaded with things like chicken and artichokes, cherry tomatoes, olives, peperoncini, red onion, cucumber and lots of Feta cheese it’s hard not to love.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 oz jar artichoke hearts, drained and diced
- 2/3 cup Kalamata or plain black olives, halved
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup deli sliced peperoncini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brush chicken with some extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill chicken until cooked through, flipping half way. Slice into strips or chunks and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together quinoa, grilled chicken, tomatoes, olives, cucumber, peperoncini, and onion.
- In a small jar or container whisk together extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic, and oregano. Pour desired amount of dressing over the quinoa salad and toss to coat evenly. Serve warm or chilled.