For some reason I thought it was a great idea to clump a lot of traveling together– a 16 hour road trip to Colorado, a quick two day trip to Santa Cruz, followed by red-eye flights from coast to coast. All while 7 months pregnant Excuse me if I’m slightly crabby, emotional, and whiny.
It’s only because I’m tired. And 7 months pregnant. Oh, and I think I’m finally feeling the difference that being 30 makes while doing all of it. I feel old!!! And once again….so tired!
BUT, I’m in Pennsylvania today with the Hershey Company and pretty darn excited about it. Can’t wait to tell you about the trip and dig into some chocolate:)
After all of the chocolate, I’ll be ready for something light, refreshing, and green!
This Berry Almond & Avocado Salad is so easy to toss together. It’s a summer staple for us. Usually, I serve it as a side salad, but when I’m lazy and don’t have dinner planned I’ll simply add some grilled chicken to it.
And this Lemon Poppyseed Vinaigrette is one of my favorite dressings↑↑! I like to make a big batch and keep it on hand for any quick salad we throw together!
- 1 head crisp romaine lettuce,rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste if desired
- For the Lemon Poppyseed Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbs + 2 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp poppyseeds
- 1 tbsp honey or agave nectar
- dash of salt and pepper
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Assemble salad and toss everything together with desired amount of Lemon Poppyseed Vinaigrette.