Cool down with these Pineapple Upside Down Pops made with Greek Yogurt and real fruit!
Hello again Sweet Treats & More readers! Serene from House of Yumm back with some summer treats for you all. I remember as a kid my mom would make me frozen yogurt pops. They were one of my favorite snacks. Super easy to make and the perfect way to cool down. These Pineapple Upside Down Pops are the same! Just three simple ingredients and some popsicle molds is all it takes to put these together. Plus, since they’re made with real fruit and greek yogurt you can feel good about enjoying these!
I made these with maraschino cherries, but you can definitely make them with any kind of cherry that you have on hand, just make sure you cut the pit out and just give the cherries a quick chop. You can also make these with fresh cut pineapple, or canned pineapple chunks. Just drain the juice if you’re using canned pineapple.
I love vanilla flavored greek yogurt, and to me, that stuff tastes like cake! If you’re using a plain greek yogurt just add in some vanilla extract or some butter extract to give it more of a cake flavor. Plus you can add some agave or honey to sweeten it up if desired.
- 1 and 1/2 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup chopped cherries
- Add the greek yogurt and the chopped pineapple to a medium size bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pat the cherries dry and add to the yogurt mixture. Gently fold the cherries in, this will prevent the cherry juice from staining the yogurt.
- Spoon the yogurt, fruit mixture into popsicle molds. Insert popsicle stick and place molds into freezer. Allow at least 3 hours for freezing.
- To remove from molds just run hot water over the mold for approximately 30 seconds, then pull out the pop by the stick.
- Total time includes time in the freezer.
More Recipes from House of Yumm