Hello Sweets Treats & More readers! Serene from House of Yumm here. And I’ve got the perfect citrus dessert for you all today! These Lemon Crumble Bars are probably one of the easiest desserts to make. A buttery crust topped with creamy, homemade lemon curd, topped with even more buttery crumbles. What could be better?
The recipe for the lemon curd can be found on my website over at House of Yumm by clicking here. Best part? If needed, this recipe could be made even easier by using store bought lemon pie filling. I have a wonderful addiction to all things citrus, and with it being lemon season I find that I keep buying more and more lemons and needing to find something to do with them. And making lemon curd is one of my favorite things. I could just sit and eat that stuff with a spoon. In all seriousness though, it’s so much better sandwiched into these lemon crumble bars.
- 1/2 cup of butter melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup lemon curd
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave for about 1 minute until completely melted.
- Remove from the microwave, add the sugars and stir to combine.
- Add in the flour and stir. Mixture will be dry and crumbly. Set aside about 3/4 of a cup of the crust/crumble topping.
- Spoon the remaining crust mixture into a greased 9x9 baking pan. Distribute the crust mixture evenly through the baking pan and press down with a spoon so that it forms the crust.
- Add the cup of lemon curd on top of the crust, and sprinkle the top with the remaining crumble mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for approximately 15-20 minutes. Place into the refrigerator for approximately 1 hour to further set the bars prior to cutting and serving.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Lemon Curd recipe can be found on House of Yumm: http://houseofyumm.com/meyer-lemon-curd/
- Or can be replaced with store bought lemon pie filling.
More Sweets from House of Yumm:
Connect with Serene at House of Yumm: