This post is sponsored by KRAFT and Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
Is anyone else melting this summer? Like the ice cream in this cheesecake↑↑?!
I’m literally melting over here…we are trying to avoid turning the ancient A/C unit on in our house and it might be the death of me.
And yes, you heard me–there’s Cookies n Cream ice cream in this cheesecake. It’s a layer of ice cream over a frozen layer of chocolate cheesecake. In an oreo cookie crust:) With gobs of chocolate drizzled over the top. I know, I know. I’m all googly eyed too.
It’s rich and decadent and perfectly summery. And super naughty. Just the way you want to consume your calories on a hot summer day. Right??? Today is after all, National Cheesecake Day, so we must celebrate and indulge!
Start by making a really simple Oreo cookie crust (crushed Oreos + melted butter) and press it into a spring form pan.
The chocolate cheesecake layer is a basic chocolate cheesecake- cream cheese, eggs, a little sugar, cocoa, vanilla, and I like to add a little bit of Mocha coffee creamer, amaretto, or even just plain whipping cream. Gives it a little flavor boost and makes it extra creamy. And I always, always use Philadelphia Cream Cheese for my cheesecakes, it’s just the best because it’s made with fresh local milk and real wholesome cream, making my cheesecakes rich and delicious!
Pour the chocolate cheesecake into the spring form pan and bake for 30-40 minutes (and make sure to read the additional baking tip in the directions)! Set in the fridge to cool.
Once completely cooled spread a thick layer of Cookies n Cream ice cream over the top. Place it in the freezer until both layers are frozen
Then, have a little a slice of heaven.
- 12-14 oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 (8 oz) packages Philadelphia cream cheese, soft
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup mocha coffee creamer (can use whipping cream or other flavor creamer)
- 1 pint cookies and cream ice cream
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Lightly grease a round spring form pan.
- Combine crushed oreos and melted butter. Press into the spring form pan and about 1/4-1/2 inch up the sides of the pan. Place in the fridge.
- In a stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth and there are no lumps. Beat in eggs, sugar, and cocoa until creamy. Lastly beat in creamer (or whipping cream) and vanilla. Pour into oreo cookie crust and bake at 325 for about 40 minutes. It shouldn't be completely set yet. Turn off the oven, open the oven door and let the cheesecake continue to bake in the cooling oven for 20-30 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and let cool completely in the fridge.
- Scoop ice cream into a large bowl and stir together until softened. Spread over the chilled cheescake in an even layer. Place in the freezer until ice cream has firmed up again or ready to serve.
- serve with a drizzle of chocolate sauce!