This Sweet Potato Chili is whole30 approved, healthy, and packed with rich sweet and spicy flavor!
I miss sugar you guys. Mostly chocolate chip cookies. Okay, maybe even just chocolate chips! But I must say, I feel really good so far, eating “clean.” I’ve had so much more energy and I feel leaner (I think just less bloated?) And I really like the meals we are eating.
This Sweet Potato Chili has been hands-down, our favorite Whole30 recipe so far. So good, I made it twice last week! You don’t have to be doing Whole30 to like it though, I promise. You’ll want to fill your belly full of it!
Maybe even a couple of times a week like us.
Loaded with onion and bell peppers, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and ground beef , you won’t miss the beans in this chili. To really give it some flavor and depth, I seasoned the chili with adobe seasoning and a dash of cinnamon. I was skeptical at first, but man, these flavors work well together.
If you are doing Whole30 you can enjoy it with plantain chips. And you absolutely MUST add sliced avocado or a scoop of guacamole. Mmm….I’m ready to make it again this week.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 green pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced into cubes
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or regular milk if not on whole30)
- 3 tsp adobo seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and sauté until translucent. Add ground beef and 1 tsp adobo seasoning and cook until cooked through.
- Place beef, peppers, and sweet potatoes, tomatoes in the slow cooker.
- Add broth, coconut milk, remaining 2 tsp adobo seasoning, cinnamon, cumin and salt and pepper and stir everything together.
- Cook on high for about 3 hours or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Serve with sliced avocado or guacamole!
- **for whole30 use organic ingredients